04 June 2013

Star Wars Toys I Never Knew I Wanted No.7

Flicking through scans of three-decade-old Doctor Who Monthlies the other day, I was reminded of this.
 
Having considered at length the ramifications of going so seriously off-topic, I have decided to throw caution to the winds and go with the yoghurt after all...

 
Now, as the title of this series suggests, I was never aware until now that I wanted to consume Star Wars yoghurts so strongly. As has already been discussed a long time ago, in a different blog far, far away, by the time these little tubs of goodness hit the shelves, I was already turning my back on such things dairy.
 
So, I wasn't all that bothered at the time. And with the benefit of hindsight and the passage of time, other reasons for my casual attitude make themselves clear.
 
Firstly, the outlets that are quoted as having stocked these delights were all virtually unknown in this forgotten corner of our green and pleasant land in 1983. (And now, the majority are long since vanished, and memories of them can only be jogged with extensive online research).
 
And secondly, from a purely synesthetic point of view, nearly all of the (8 exciting) flavours have been wrongly assigned to their characters. The fudge flavour quite obviously should have been associated with Jabba the Hutt, black cherry with Princess Leia in Bespin attire, and banana with Chewbacca, for example.
 
And would they have been subtly flavoured with small shreds of the flavoursome fruit, as opposed to obtrusively large chunks or something inappropriate in a corner?
 
You bet your rub down action transfers they would have...

No comments:

Post a Comment